Utilizing Twitter

May 18, 2022 0 By ABBY LYNNES

Educators are consistently trying to find new strategies that will help students stay more focused in class but can be difficult to obtain. In lieu of taking away students’ technology, educators can join forces with students by implementing technology in their teachings. Teenagers love being on their phones and utilizing Twitter is a great way to collaborate with students which can get them involved in a fun way. Twitter is a great tool for posting important due dates, school games, and awards. Using a media platform such as Twitter can help form better connections between classmates and creates an inclusive environment where there can be adjustments made so all can participate. 

I work at Luther College High School as an RA and so I have to supervise the students living in the dorms. The students are required to sign out before they leave the school campus on REACH, which is a boarding site that we utilize. Having this platform is extremely beneficial and efficient for keeping track of where each student is. REACH allows teachers/RA’s and students to communicate while conducting in a professional manner. Using a media platform helps initiate discussions and will help prepare students for in class discussions later on. Oftentimes students are very fearful and timid to speak in front of a classroom, and implementing technology can empower students to engage more in class discussions. 

Twitter was a very popular media platform that I used quite frequently when I was in high school. It has been a few years though so my Twitter expertise has gotten a tad rusty, so bare with me throughout this process!