So this week on my journey to learn how to sew, I figured out that I maybe need material in order to actually sew, so I went to the one place that I knew would have everything I needed, Fabric Land. When I got there, it was honestly very daunting to say the least. I was still learning things that i needed in order to begin to sew, so i got the help of a very lovely lady who was there, who turned out to not be an employee, but just a kind lady who realized I was out of my element there. she taught me what kind of material i needed, about the batting that i would need in order to make a potholder, as well as about something called a bobbin. i never knew that there was more than one thread that went into threading a sewing machine, so i picked up a package of those. after i had gotten all of my materials, my mother met me in the city and had brought up an iron, as well as other things that i would need in order to begin sewing. This week i hope to put my first stitches in so that i can really begin to learn about sewing hands on.