So, contrary to my belief, there is more than 1 string that goes into a sewing machine, so when i went to put my first stitches in last week, it didn’t work at all. in a panic that this whole thing was for a waste I called the one person i could trust when it came to sewing, my grandma. She then informed me about a tiny little spool of string that goes under the plate of the sewing machine called a bobbin. So last week at Fabricland i ended up picking some up, to which i ended up having zero clue how to put it in, and then i spent over an hour finding videos on how to put in a bobbin. I also forgot to post about how there are different types of batting that i found out about, some are microwaveable and some are not, so i almost made a huge mistake in getting the type that you cannot.

i finally put it in and got it all threaded. i ended up putting my first stitches in this week, and will have an update this week on whether i can end up making a potholder, or if i end up stitching my finger to the potholder.

This week, i also learned how to use a photo compressor, so i have the photos of my trip to fabricland from last week that follow