So this week, instead of sewing a potholder, I decided that I would sew a pillow. Don’t ask me why I randomly decided to, but I had a in the moment thought that i would try something about 10x harder than what I planned on doing. Firstly, I started with ironing and lining up my materials so that I could see just how big it was.

It turned out to be huge. This pillow is going to be a throw pillow for my couch, rather than one that you would sleep on. So after I had gotten it all pinned, I called my mom. she said that it looked good, and warned me to not sew over the pins. now, this confused me as my grandma had said it was fine to do that, but apparently not. So, while on the phone with her, I got to sewing. it took me about a half hour to do the first two sides, because I kept panicking that my lines weren’t straight. After some reassurance from my mom, I finished the rest of it in about another half hour. I made sure to leave about 6 inches open so that I can still stuff the pillow, and I intend to hand sew a couple of buttons to it to add to the style of it.

The design is lined with white spaces, grey on one side and blue on the other, that will match my couch perfectly.