This week in my journey through sewing, I finally finished my pillow. It took awhile, but I put the last stitch into it yesterday. i first started with stuffing the pillow with a polyester blend stuffing that i got from Walmart. this part took forever, because i left too little room at the end for my hand to fit through with the stuffing, and it just caused a huge mess of my apartment. My roommate sat there laughing at me while i struggled to fill this pillow up for about 30 minutes.

After i had finally finished stuffing the pillow, i realized that i couldn’t use the machine to sew it closed, so i had to find a video of how to do that. This lady i found on youtube has all the best videos that i have found for anyone struggling to deal with sewing or needs new tips and tricks. Her account is Sew Often, and she has helped me immensely in making this pillow through showing me how to hand sew a pillow closed. After a few watches of this video, i finally had finished my pillow, and it matches our couch perfectly.

Also, does anyone have any tips on how to start on a quilt? Any tips would be appreciated.