My name is Aiden Lingelbach, and I am in my second year of education with an aim of being a social studies teacher. I chose social studies in order to highlight mainstream issues within our current society, such as systemic racism and homophobia, in order to educate and combat the growing of such mindsets. I believe that the purpose of us as educators is to not just teach students based on curriculum learning, but how to be better human beings as well as how to succeed in life. This is up to us as educators to teach students how to be inclusive and open in their mindset, such as how everyone is equal and should be treated as such. The method of teaching that has resonated with me is the experimental learning method, as it allows for students to come up with creative solutions to a problem, with room for error, allowing students to try new things that we as educators may not have thought of, as well as teaches students to learn from their mistakes. This also allows for students to work together in order to come up with new and creative strategies, that allows for them to reflect on their strategies, and what they could have done differently. Being a social studies teacher, another main focus of my teaching will be on the treaties, and our responsibilities as treaty people. This will be a main focus of what I teach, as it is very important for everyone to know as it is our responsibility as treaty people to be educated on the promises made, as well as the injustices that had been forced upon the Indigenous peoples.