Mapping Introduction

Hello, everyone! My name is Amie Sutton and I live in the Treaty 4 territory. My pronouns are she/her. I live in Moose Jaw and I am also from Moose Jaw. I attend the University of Regina full time and I am in my third year of elementary education; I am so excited to be back in school! When I am not in class or doing homework, I work as a care provider for six individuals with intellectual disabilities. You will always see me with a coffee in my hand. When I have free time, I enjoy chatting with friends, going out for coffee and/or going to the mall. I also have a Boston terrier named Daisy whom I spend a lot of time with.

These places from a Treaty perspective would look like a home and places of belonging. School, work, playing with my dog and going to Tim Hortons are a part of my everyday life. Sometimes I take being able to do these things for granted, but I am going to work on being more grateful towards them. I will take more care of my space and others’ spaces because I tend to be messy. Living in a tidy space makes me and others feel better.