Teaching Philosophy And Manifesto

Topic

Teaching Philosophy

Manifesto

Pedagogy I believe that my pedagogies and teaching practice should support and benefit all of my students and their learning.  In my classroom, I will strive to teach in a way that benefits my students and their needs as well as my own. I will continually reflect on my pedagogies to ensure I am teaching in a meaningful way. 
Assessment I believe that assessment should focus on a student’s learning and understanding of a concept not their ability to memorize. In my classroom, I will utilize creative ways of assessing students by checking their understanding and ability to think critically. I will reflect on my assessment strategies and ensure they benefit my students. 
Social Justice I believe everyone deserves to be treated equitably. I believe that we all have a space and a place. I believe that we all have a part in creating change for the better and  In my classroom, I will create a safe and welcoming space for my students that encourages being kind to all and helps to instill ideas of social justice and equity.
Lifelong Learning I believe that as an educator I play a key role in creating lifelong learners. I believe that the interactions and events that happen in my classroom can affect a student’s journey to becoming a lifelong learner.  In my classroom, I will strive to create lifelong learners. I will help my students develop a growth mindset and foster independent learning as well as critical thinking.