About Me

About Me

Hello! My name is Alea Lehne; I am currently attending the University of Regina, working towards my degree in Elementary Education.

Growing up in my home, I always felt very accepted and loved. I felt very positively about my family from an early age. I had very understanding parents who encouraged me every step of the way, along with one younger sister who always looked up to me. I also have a large extended family, my immediate family, close friends, and some very memorable past educators who aided in my final decision to pursue an Education degree.

Since I was a little girl, I have always known that I wanted to pursue a career in something that would help others. My parents always told me how much of a kind heart I had and that they could see me enrolling in a career that would help others. I was initially registered  in the Psychology Department in hopes of becoming a psychologist; I received a job at a before and after school program and immediately knew I wanted to switch into the education program.

Growing up, I was always very empathetic and sensitive; I was also quite shy and reserved. It wasn’t until high school that I started to break out of my shell.

A few facts about me include that I  am huge on family and friend relationships, so any free time that I have is spent doing various activities with them. I am very fortunate to have such a tight-knit family life. My extended family and I share a group chat where we stay updated on each others’ day-to-day lives. 

I have a one year old French Bulldog named Rocco, he is very needy and takes up a lot of my free time. Rocco loves to eat (anything and everything) and also enjoys lazy days just as much (if not more) than I do. 

My favourite seasons are fall and spring, and I love to watch rainstorms of any sort (the smell of rain is my favourite). Another fact about me is I love going on my annual fishing trip each summer. Me and my large extended family make the trip up north to Tobin Lake each year and spend the week sharing stories, fishing, sitting around the campfire and just enjoying eachouther’s company (often without our phones because the service isn’t great). 

Thank you for taking the time to learn a little bit about me! I will attach some additional  photos below of the people and things that I love most!