Final Module & Course Walkthrough

Grade 5 Math Course Overview

Throughout the duration of this class, I have created a blended learning course targeted towards teaching grade 5 math using both synchronous and asynchronous activities. I have used Google Classroom to create a course shell that includes placeholders for future content, along with the two instructional modules that I created for this course. The modules I have created target the learning outcomes for fractions in the number strand of the Saskatchewan curriculum. To learn more about this course, please take a look at my Course Profile blog post. This profile details each of the elements I’ve included in my course prototype and the rational for each element included.

Creation Process

When I began working on developing this course, I started with a foundation of the elements and blended learning activities that I developed to Curious woman looking through a magnifying glassuse with my students during the pandemic. As my course development has progressed, I have developed new ways of creating content for students. One of the most impactful pieces of learning from the readings and activities I worked through in EC&I 834 has been to take a critical look at my course prototype through the lens of accessibility. I have found myself going back to my first module content and assignments multiple times throughout the creation process to review whether my content is accessible, and to make improvements where I felt they were necessary.

The process of creating this course has also given me an opportunity to work with new technology that I previously was not aware of, or felt I did not have the time to dig into. I am really excited about the possibilities for creating content that are now available and have found myself looking for ways to integrate what I have learned into my daily tasks. While creating this course, I have learned to use Explain Everything and Canva, and I have taken my skills with Screencastify and video editing to the next level. I have also taken a closer look at the types of interactions that my course provides for students, and have spent some time further exploring the capabilities for student-student interactions within the Flip platform.

Course Walkthrough & Joining Information

Google Classroom  Join Code: l5bcal4

If it’s not possible to get into my Google Classroom, you can use these links to access and view the Daily Boards for Module 1 and Module 2.

Course Walkthrough Interactive Video

Course Walkthrough YouTube Video (no interactions)

4 thoughts on “Final Module & Course Walkthrough

1. Wow! Your walkthrough video is so impressive. I am a beginner user of Canva, so I know how much work goes into each video, so kudos to you. I also really like that you used Lumi for your interactive walkthrough video. With your personal focus on accessibility, I think your course really reflects your growth. Your attention to detail for each and every aspect of your course, modules, and walkthrough video did not go unnoticed. Thanks for sharing 🙂

2. Hi Amy! Yes, I totally agree with you that we all have learned so many new things in our EC&I 834 class, and thanks to Katia that we explored so many new things. Your walkthrough video is really amazing, the way you used Canva is perfect. I also liked the way you added the links to your course profile and first-course module in the video. Thanks for sharing.

3. Amazing job Amy. The walkthrough video you created is very well done and detailed. Even your unit contains so many cool things! As a fellow grade 5 teacher I love it!

4. hii Amy your walkthrough video is amazing and one of the best things is that you added a maths library in your course module. I think it is important because some students do not understand the meaning of the topic. you explained everything in your course walkthrough in an effective way and added rubrics for the formative assessments of students. moreover, your visuals for teaching fractions are also awesome.