• EDTC 300,  Learning Project

My Journey of learning ASL

For my learning project, I decided to learn ASL. I have wanted to learn sign language for years, and have thought about taking classes in the past. Classes were always very limited and I kept putting it off, SOOO now feels like a better time than ever! I am pretty limited in what I currently know in sign language, anything I have learned has been through watching youtube, and googling phrases. I worked in a pharmacy throughout my undergrad and learned some of the basics such as “thank you”, “please” and “you’re welcome” to be able to communicate with our deaf and hard of hearing patients. I am happy to…

• EDTC 300

A little bit about me…

Hi all, my name is Alycia! I was born and raised here in Regina, Sk. I am in my second year as a secondary teacher majoring in health, minoring in social. I have always loved working and caring for others, I also have a major love for travelling, and food which is a great perk when travelling. I have been to 12 different countries and hopefully many more in the future. I love to experience new culture, traditions, and living experiences and I believe I get this both teaching and travelling. I have quite a bit of limited experience with educational technology. I have used WordPress and edusites for previous…