• EDTC 300,  Professional Learning

Embracing Digital Citizenship in the Classroom

In today’s interconnected world, teaching digital citizenship is more important than ever. As educators, we have the responsibility to prepare students not only academically but also for responsible and ethical participation in the digital world. Understanding Digital Citizenship Digital citizenship refers to the norms of appropriate, responsible behaviour with regard to technology use. Ribble’s Nine Elements of Digital Citizenship provides a framework to guide educators in teaching students how to use technology responsibly and ethically. Integrating the Nine Elements Digital Access: Ensuring equitable access to technology for all students is fundamental. I’ll strive to provide resources and support to bridge the digital divide, making sure every student can participate fully…

• EDTC 300,  Professional Learning

My Scratch Journey – Creating Unicorn Birthday Bash

As someone who’s always been fascinated by the magical world of coding, I decided to take a dive into Scratch this week. My project is a whimsical game where a unicorn, guided by the mouse pointer, collects birthday items falling from the sky. Here, I’d like to share my experience creating this game, what I learned, and why I believe coding is a valuable skill for everyone to learn. Getting Started with Scratch Scratch is an innovative platform developed by the MIT Media Lab. It uses a simple drag-and-drop interface, allowing users to create interactive stories, games, and animations. This accessibility makes Scratch an excellent tool for both beginners and…