• EDTC 300,  Learning Project

Exploring the Origami Fold & Learn App

This week, I ventured into a new territory in my origami learning journey by using the app “Origami Fold & Learn.” After making significant progress with YouTube tutorials, I was curious to see how an app designed specifically for origami instruction would enhance my skills. App Overview: Origami Fold & Learn is an app that offers a structured approach to learning origami. It features a wide range of projects categorized by difficulty levels, from beginner to advanced. The app provides step-by-step instructions with clear visual aids, making it easy to follow along. I was particularly excited to explore this app because it promised a more interactive and guided learning experience…

• EDTC 300,  Professional Learning

Enhancing Digital Literacy in Early Elementary Education

In today’s digital age, fostering digital literacy from an early age is crucial. As young students increasingly interact with digital media, it is vital to equip them with the skills to navigate and evaluate information effectively. Understanding Digital Literacy Digital literacy encompasses the ability to find, evaluate, and use information effectively. Even at a young age, students can begin to develop these skills. According to the American Library Association’s Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education, digital literacy includes critical thinking and ethical participation in the digital world. These skills are essential for young learners who will grow up in an information-rich, digital environment. The Importance of Digital Literacy for…