Press "Enter" to skip to content

Month: May 2024

Technology, Trends, and Community

I think in terms of technology, it has changed the world both for the better and for the worse. It depends on how one looks at it. In terms of the good side of things, technology has helped with people’s jobs, education, transportation, communication, and more. News and information are easily accessible, so it is a way for people to educate themselves to be aware of what is happening where they live and what is…

In Spring, Flowers [ASL] Bloom

“Sign Language ASL Pocket Sign” App Update:  I previously learned how to sign these words: Tea, Soup, Ice Cream, Good, Bad, Milk, Bowl, Bread, Water, Cookie, and Eat  The words and phrases I learned this past week: Orange, Dad, Cat, Mouse, Rat, Dog, Elephant, Fish, My, Yours, Theirs, Love, My Cat, My Fish, His/Her Fish   Today, I will be discussing an app called “ASL Bloom”. Before I talk about my thoughts regarding this app,…

New Words, New Ways to Express

This week, I used the “Sign Language ASL Pocket Sign” app for the first time.  Before I talk about my progress, let me discuss what the app offers. The home page is where your lessons are located. This app does have a subscription ($5.99 per month or $59.99 per year), and since I am only using the free version, there is only a free daily lesson for me to access. With each correct answer I…

How Many Math? 99Math!

Math really is not for everyone. That is why, as a future high school teacher, I am always looking for new ways to teach math, ways that will help student interest and engagement high. For this blog post, we were tasked to choose an online tech tool that we have never used before. After researching, I have chosen one tech tool that is free and easy to use. Also, I will briefly discuss another free…

Everyday, Online. What Takes Up My Time?

I am a person who is always online. I use numerous online applications and websites for my personal life, entertainment, and schoolwork purposes. TikTok is probably my most used application. If I am being honest, I can spend countless hours on the app. It is very addictive and entertaining. You may cry from laughter after watching a video, then cry from sadness the next. Along with that, TikTok is where I get information about video…

The Start of Something New

I had a hard time figuring out what to focus on for the Learning Project. For some reason, I could not think of any skill that I wanted to improve or brainstorm a new potential skill that I am interested in learning. I came up with three potential skills that I could do: continue learning the Japanese Language, begin learning American Sign Language (ASL), or cook a particular cuisine that is foreign to me. At…

Introducing Me! Here We Go!

Hello! My name is Allard Ashanti Madridejos, but I prefer to be called Shan. My pronouns are he/him and they/them. I am from the Philippines and lived there until I was thirteen years old and moved to Canada in January of 2016. My family lives just over an hour southeast of Regina, but now, I live in Regina attending the University of Regina. I started my university career in Fall 2021 in a different program called…