Press "Enter" to skip to content

Month: June 2024

My Summary of Learning

As the semester comes to an end, it is now time to write my final blog post. I can say that I have learned a plethora of information, and have created connections with my peers. To signify the end of the semester, I have created a video of my Summary of Learning (Assignment Three), where I discuss my experiences in the EDTC 300 course and how it helped get a better grasp and understanding of…

Contributions to the Community and the Learning of Others

Building a sense of community with my peers is one of the main points of our Networked Professional Learning assignment. Throughout the semester, my classmates and I started that foundation using two different ways, and that is in the form of blogging and a discord community. We were required to do at one or two blog posts per week for this assignment, along with a blog per week for our Learning Project. Below are images…

Curtains Closed for my ASL Learning Project

This blog post marks the end of my Learning Project! I remember being a little bit stressed because I could not think of anything that I would be interested to do for this project. Two of my main options were cooking dishes originating from a different country and heritage or learning a new language. I was initially going through with the idea of cooking, but I later realized that it would be expensive, especially as…

Google Made An AI Tool

AI Familiarity  As a person who is always on TikTok, I always see many videos that discuss the use of AI. I have seen people talk about AI tools that help them create images, such as images of cute animals. I have also seen a video that contains a song that is apparently created by AI. Another creepy way people use AI for is to ask the tool to mimic celebrities and artists, and even…

A New ASL Tool

From phone applications to YouTube channels to AI, I have found many free online tools to help my journey in learning American Sign Language. These tools can be used by teenagers and adults alike. For this blog post, I wanted to find a tool that is suitable for all ages, and that includes children in their elementary ages. After researching, I have found a website called Elemental ASL Concepts.  I will say that this website…

Is Cancel Culture the same as Cyber Shaming?

Cyber Vigilantism and Cyber Shaming  I think both cyber vigilantism and cyber shaming go hand in hand, especially with today’s cyber culture. With cyber vigilantism, it is important for people to be held accountable for their actions. People make mistakes all the time, and it is vital to call out those mistakes with the hopes that the person who made said mistake acknowledges it and grows from it. With cyber shaming, I think it is…

Coding and Farming Intertwined

Why did I choose a farming coding game? I do not have much knowledge when it comes to coding. In high school, I took a computer science class where we were beginning to learn python, but two months into the semester, COVID-19 hit. We had the option to discontinue the class, but we keep the mark that we already have. At that point, I already have really good mark, so I chose not to continue…

How Can Teachers Teach Digital Literacy in Mathematics?

Teaching Digital Literacy to Students  I am in the Secondary Education program with a major in Mathematics and a minor in General Science. It was difficult to brainstorm ideas surrounding digital literacy since the requirement of the internet will not be as present in my future classroom as in others. So, I will be talking both in a general sense and in a specific-to-my-subject sense.  In a General Sense  To me, teaching digital literacy would…

AI Integration into ASL

SignLanguageAI Aside from YouTube or TikTok videos and apps, there is only a limited number of free resources available to use by the people to learn ASL. As the term progresses, it is sometimes difficult to discover new tools and resources that I could potentially use to learn ASL and review it on a blog.  The tool that I will be discussing in this blog was not mentioned in any videos that I watched. I…

Digital Citizenship and the Future that Awaits Us

Utilization of Tools I have mentioned this numerous times in these blogs. Technology is everywhere from the stove we use in our kitchens to the devices we use for school or entertainment. In other words, technology is everywhere, and it is inescapable. So, why can’t we take advantage of it and utilize the tools that are available to us to make our lives much easier and our education more accessible. A recent example of this…