Guitar 2.0

This week I learned a strumming pattern on the guitar, as well as, the A chord. My goal is to use different technologies to learn the basics on the guitar over the semester. I find it fascinating that you can learn almost anything through the use of technology! So far I have used an app, youtube and Facetime to further my learning experience.

I am fortunate that my boyfriend knows how to play the guitar and can guide me through the process if I have any questions from the videos I have been watching. I thought it was easiest to learn the absolute basics from him before learning using youtube videos through Facetime. The strumming pattern I learned was down-up-down-up-up. After learning a basic strumming pattern I learned the A chord. The A chord I learned was not the full A chord it is one string instead of all three. I started with this until I have a bit more practice and can get all of the strings to ring out. I documented this learning through a youtube video, note in the video I made a mistake saying I learned the G chord, however, that is the next chord I will learn and share.