I don’t want to say what I learned, because it means saying goodbye

Hola a todos!

I call this series PART OF THREE. Three blogs that I will be uploading soon, are all equally important.
Today we are going on a walk down memory lane. I don’t know how it is for you, but for me, the beginning of my studies here was the beginning of another life and I have been reflecting on it in each of my posts. I know that for many it is just another blog, but for me, it was a bit like a diary.
I am just grateful for the opportunity to have done it, and to all of you who read it, thank you!

Learning project

Week 1 IT’S TIME TO START

I remember this first post perfectly. The truth is that I took my time to start. I was a little discouraged by the fact that I was far away for those special dates in Chile. I remember looking for inspiration on Pinterest, not knowing that my biggest inspiration was just a phone call away.
On my birthday I remember crying a lot (very unprofessional of me) but when my family called me to sing happy birthday everything felt a little better. When it was time for my grandmother to greet me, she asked me how my knitting was going and I perked up again. It was the next day that I went to get the sticks and yarn.

Week 2 TAKING ADVICE FROM THE ROOMIES (GOES WRONG?)

This week was difficult, I was finally starting to know what university was like in Canada, very different from Chile and much more demanding. I had tried with some wool to knit with sticks (two) but it was very complex. Mariela came to my rescue, crocheting was going to be great. It seemed far away because my grandmother always said that crochet was almost superior.
It was a piece of cake, as they would say in Chile (almost).

Week 3 KNITTING IS MY NEW FAVORITE THING EVEN THOUGH I’M REALLY BAD AT IT

Lost on the bus, how could I forget? I felt a little depressed, but I can’t forget what it was like to feel like I could knit. It was that week when knitting was my life. I tried to do it everywhere, with complications because I made a mistake, and either I would undo it or Mariela would.
I was constantly trying to hold the chopsticks (over many things) I felt that I had really learned something that for many years I had seen with difficulty, not to mention my grandmother. She was already thinking of inheriting everything from me.

Week 4 WE ARE MOVING ON THE RIGHT PATH!

Of course, I remember this blog. I think it is my favorite. I remember when I wrote it and what I felt when I finished it. This must be the most significant thing I had to learn and also the one that will stay with me forever.
Coming to Canada was my own personal learning project. It was to laugh, to cry, to love, to travel, to be happy, and to be sad. It was not being from Chile and being from the world. Thank you, thank you, thank you for teaching me so much, for giving me the reins of this project, and for letting me learn to live.

Week 5 FIRST PROJECT, DONE!

Yes, this post varies everything. My scarf, I cried finishing it, it took me a few weeks to be able to finish it, no running stitches, no bad stitches, just me, Mariela, my scarf, and a celebration dance. Boy, I really use that scarf. What I learned that week, was to be perseverant and to take my own rhythm. A scarf like that, with the simplest stitch, took five weeks to complete, but it was definitely the time I needed, precise and concise.
And that trip to Canada still brings tears to my eyes. That learning, part of a bigger project, was a life learning. I can only thank you again, there are learnings everywhere.

Week 6 HOW TO IMPROVE MY TIMES

What I needed a long time ago. Something to improve my times, doing a search on this helped me a lot. Knitting is not supposed to be easy, but fun, however, it wasn’t until I was finishing the scarf that I said: Why did it take me so long?
I literally wasn’t following any of the tips I had belatedly learned. So this was good, necessary learning and I’m glad I figured it out quickly.

Week 7 I AM CURIOUS TO OWN A PRADA BAG

This blog was a revelation hahahah I was so excited to start it because I was going to try a more complicated and double stitch. Besides having a PRADA bag which is very expensive. However, I didn’t know what was coming next.
I did what the video said, it took me quite a while since I had a complicated step and for some reason my hands are clumsy.
But the initial idea is what counts.

Week 8 THE PRADA BAG… COULD IT BE A MINIBAG?

This is what I was referring to, but I guess part of a project is also failure, and I kind of failed here hahaha. I remember the frustration of this, as I already felt a bit like I wasn’t being the best knitter ever (which I had set out to be) but I already knew I just had to keep trying. Moving forward never seemed more crucial.

Week 9 LEARNING SOMETHING CRUCIAL: HOW TO SWIM

I know, I know. What happened to the bag? It was done, or almost done. But learning to swim SHOULD have been a project too. And I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to tell it here. It was great, it was equally eye-opening and it taught me not to be afraid of anything. I am capable of being and doing whatever I want, I came into this world to be learn, to have fun and to take every opportunity that comes my way to grow. Learning to swim was the best! Thank you Marisol.

A Summary of my Journey
It was spectacular. It makes me happy to have taken this class, and to have learned to knit, to have learned about life, and to have documented it here, to have dared to learn, to have used this type of social network, to have learned and documented it was something that in fact, I would like to continue to do. We will see.
Thanks to all those who read my blog, and for those who didn’t, it’s ok. I will do it one last time for you. Thanks a todos!

Ps: Mariela in the video using the minibag. Thank you, thank you, thank you!