Field Experience

Quotes & Ideas from my Field Experience

Some quotes from my ‘Field Experience’, blog posts are: “Some of the major key supports that teachers relied on, I noticed were the secretaries, educational assistants, and finally, special education teachers for certain students”; “Teachers do not only rely on supporting individuals, but they also rely on things and people to build their own professional knowledge”; “I was invited to play soccer with the students during recess, once again, and I also remembered some of their names, so I think I am starting to establish a connection with them”; “I think my learners are very diverse and unique, because different students had different strengths, weaknesses, and interests in certain subjects”.

Reflection on Field Experience

My last week in the classroom was very depressing, but I felt happy that I made new friends and connections and learned invaluable information, during my time. One aha moment I had, was when I orchestrated my own lesson on bullying, and I was able to read a teachers bullying lesson plan book. One affirmation moment I experienced, was when I did attendance. I, always, wondered how my teachers did this, and when I had the option to try taking attendance, I was very excited. Splitting the classroom into groups, and providing a math work book for each student, based on their own ability and level with math; I hope to try keeping all the students enthusiastic and engaged, when I start teaching. This is my action moment. Finally, the last invaluable information that I have experienced, during my field experience, was learning about the difficulties of each student, and how each teacher provided solutions for those difficulties.

One last moment, that was very exciting and heartfelt, that I experienced was the farewell card that the students made for me. Each and every students signed the card and handed it to me, and I felt that my effort to learn and help was appreciated.