Introduction to Me!

Hello everyone,

My name is Brianna Paskell and I am a second year University of Regina student taking my Bachelor’s of Education Middle Years program. I am a first time blogger, and a little nervous about the process of blogging but excited to learn! I want to become an educator as I truly feel it is the best way to make a difference in this world. I truly believe that the future starts with the youth of today!

To give a little background about my life currently, I want to introduce my family and my work life. My family includes myself and my partner Dawson, our daughter Gracyn, and all of our animals. We currently have two dogs named Harley and Axe, as well as two cats named Thelma and Louise. We live in Preeceville, Saskatchewan where Dawson works as a farmer. I currently work at Weyerhauser in Hudson Bay, Saskatchewan full time as a Press Operator. My work history also includes three years working at the hospital as a Medical Laboratory Technologist. Going back to school to become an educator was a tough decision with so much going on in our young family, but the end goal of all being in the same town full time keeps me going in my studies.

My experiences with educational technology are very limited at this time as I only began my program in January of this year. I would say I am very up to date with social media and technology in non-education related ways which I feel will benefit me in this course and in my career as an educator. While living in Saskatoon, I worked in promotions for the Saskatoon Blades and truly saw first hand the power technology has to reach people and connect us all. I am excited to learn about technology in education to see how we can use technology as educators to have that same power to connect us to our students, and to other educators!

Family Photo

To provide further background information on my work experience, here are the links to my MLT program I completed at Saskatchewan Polytechnic, and the Weyerhaeuser company website!

https://saskpolytech.ca/programs-and-courses/programs/Medical-Laboratory-Technology.aspx

https://www.weyerhaeuser.com/

Thanks for reading,

Brianna Paskell