Feedly Fun

I am the type of person who gets overwhelmed relatively easily. When I first heard we had to try to post on Twitter once a day, I was very flustered. I found it so hard to find suitable education content to put on my twitter, and never really knew what to post. Now Feedly has been my life savour. The layout of Feedly is straightforward, which helps me not to get overwhelmed. I also know when I log on to Feedly that I am getting quality articles and blog posts. I have the Feedly app downloaded on my phone, so it is easy for me to catch up on reading and find articles on the go. Sometimes I will use the commute to and from the university while my mom drives to find articles. I choose sources that don’t post too often, so I don’t get overwhelmed when I open the app. Aside from Education blogs, I followed some blogs under the skills of leadership, writing, and creativity. I love creative writing, so those following those two skills go hand in hand. I also followed some blogs for myself about Cognitive Behavior Therapy, which I have been working on.

My favourite feed I followed was cultofpedegody.com, and my favourite article I found so far was the importance of play. I read quotes from that article to both my mom and little sister. I thought it was interesting how they brought school sports into the argument. One statistic stood out in particular, which said: “about 70 percent of children at the age of 13 walk away from competitive sports.” My sister is turning 13 this year, and I wonder if she will be in the minority of this statistic. When I was 13, I walked away from competitive softball, a sport I had played for almost a decade. Many people can relate to how the culture of sport in youth has become ultra-competitive and toxic. I enjoy Feedly and the content I can read using it. The fact I can access it both from my laptop and phone are huge assets. I am excited to continue to explore Feedly and see what it has to offer!