In the book Gender: Your Guide, written by the scholar, Lee Airton, he wrote that he “had to go to the bathroom. No big deal, right? Airports have bathrooms. Well visiting a gendered bathroom actually is a big deal for me.” This book shows members of society that it is important to recognize the daily difficulties that some of people are facing and try to understand their perspectives. There are differences with gender identity, gender expression, and sex. (Refer to the genderbread person for definitions and more information.).  Some gender-neutral pronouns are they/them.

The next steps I can take to further my research on Lee Airton are to do some more research on who Lee Airton is, including finding quotes, articles, and books. This will provide me with more details and focuses on enabling individuals and institutions to welcome gender and sexual diversity in everyday life. I will relate it back to what I are learning in ECS 210 and apply my research in the first assignment for ECS 210.