I was impressed by how much Twitter has to offer for anyone who is willing to use. Twitter has so much to offer. The most interesting being the online chats like that Saskedchat my classmates and I participated in. It was overwhelming at first because I was trying to do so many things at once. I wanted to read everyone’s response, reply, like and do my own response.Very interactive, an efficient way of communicating and connecting with others! It was a positive and non-judgemental place and i am thankful to be able to connect with those who attended the saskedchat that night. I learned a lot about twitter that night, about current educators and future educators who I believe all have similar morals and values about teaching students. 

I am not an expert on Twitter, however, now that the saskedchat is over, I have had time to be reflective. I have realized yes I have met some awesome people and I am going to meet so much more. My plan is to at least participate in two more education chatrooms to further my professional growth during this semester. After the semester is over I want to keep reconnecting with others. 

Katia has given the students including myself a list of education chatroom where we can join the conversation. Here is a screenshot. 

Tamantha also shared some chatrooms! Where I found the chatroom #TLAP and attended. 

Some Things I didn’t like about the education chatrooms:

• It was very fast and overwhelming at first.
  • I found it difficult to answer some of the questions as I have not completed my education degree. The questions seemed to be more teacher focused which I believe is the intent of these chats. To connect, support, and share resources/thoughts with  fellow educators. I thought there may be reflective questions. FOr example, what is one skill you wish you knew or what would you tell an education student. 

Some Things I enjoyed:

• Very interactive and met lots of new educators.
  • Everyone is helping and supporting each other. 
  • Great way to ask for help or advice.

Overall, I felt the education chatroom is a great resource of student’s on their path to be an educator or current educators. In my most recent education chat I learned a lot about google, teacher resources, and some acronyms (For example, Ss = students & Ps = Parents) I want to keep attending these chatrooms to learn more from others and about myself. Follow me on Twitter to stay updated and connect! #learningneverstops!