Finding A Hobby…

I am eager to get started on my learning project where I will be refurbishing everyday items

At first I had many ideas of what I could do as I had to do a similar project last semester. Some of my ideas were baking, knitting, drawing and some of the other things I wanted to learn. I know I didn’t have the resources like rope to make tassels or to make plant holders.

As an over thinker, I thought long and hard of what I wanted to do. I started baking and I even learned how to make something new to see if this was the project for me. However, after making the donuts; I felt I wasn’t giving it my best. 

Finally, at the supper table my mom asked what my sister and I our thought a of updating the bathroom by painting the walls and the vanity. We had renovation our kitchen about five years back and I loved being apart of decision making. Then things really starting getting my brain thinking clicked. Yes, this is something I want to learn and something I will enjoy doing, and I will have to be detailed and take my time ensuring the paint is smooth and appealing to the eye. So the three of us girls discussed and my mom had said I should practice and we can do the bathroom together once I am done with a few projects as she said it takes about two days to cure the paint so no one would be allowed to use the basement bathroom. 

My mom and sister are both very supportive and are excited for my project. 

I will learn the steps to refurbish, colour schemes and start with small projects and gradually get bigger projects. With hopes of making something for my sister as she just bought her first house and by painting the basement bathroom for my mom.  

Welcome to my learning journey!

1 Comment

1. Hailey Sills

This is a really interesting idea for a learning project! I thought it was kind of neat that you had tried a few new skills before finally finding this one. I am excited to see the progress!