Just another Education Sites site

Welcome to My Blog!

Hello, my name is Carson Sombach. I am in my third year of my Kinesiology and Education Joint Degree majoring in Physical Education and minoring in Mathematics. I am also a current athlete on the University of Regina Rams Football Team. I have four brothers, three of which also play on the Regina Rams which is extremely rare at the USports level. If you want to read and find out more about me I have attached an article that was done on my family. I have a passion for coaching football, and have coached at a fairly high level considering I am also still playing the sport.

This is me in the middle with the young football players on the South Saskatchewan Football Team after we won the Prairie Bowl

I have never blogged before, but I am excited to give it my best shot. I will be sharing my insights and reflections on educational technology. I have had some experience with educational technologies where I work. I work as an Educational Assistant in the Regina Catholic School System. The main technology we used was speek to text with those students who have dysgraphia.

1. Paige Belcourt

That’s so neat that your family is basically famous for football! I like sports, but don’t really understand football. Do you think you’ll continue coaching when you are teaching?

• cps876

Hi Paige,
      Yes, I hope to continue coaching as much as I can. I love doing it, I currently coach three different football teams throughout the year. I don’t expect to keep coaching that many teams into the future, but I definitely plan to coach as much as I can.

2. Sarah Miller

It’s awesome to see that you continued your football career past high school as you were very good back then too! It’s also cool to hear that you are an EA for catholic schools. It’s kinda exciting getting to see someone after high school and learn about what they’ve been up to. I’m right behind ya Carson, I have never really blogged before but will give it my best shot.
    Excited to hear more about your journey as the class goes on !

3. Kendra Saworski

Hello! I come from a big Football family as well and it is truly a fantastic sport! My younger brother played as a starting Quarterback in Halifax (until he blew out his shoulder too many times, he’s now “retired” at the ripe age of 22 hahah), but I grew up with a love for the sport. Its truly impressive all the skill that runs in the family! I am looking forward to hearing more about your journey throughout the semester!