Who I am

Who I am

Photo of me in Fernie Provincial Park

Hello and thank you for visiting my education blog, my name is Chayce Vanthuyne and here you will witness my educational journey of becoming a secondary teacher. This blog will also document my progress in learning photography for my EDTC300 class. I will regularly post updates on new tips and tricks I have come to understand as an emerging educator and amateur photographer. Hopefully, throughout my blog, you are able to take away something beneficial to use in your own educational journey.

I was born and raised in the flat lands of Saskatchewan, but in time I hope to consider myself a perminant B.C. resident. I have lived in Fernie, B.C. for 2 years now and hope to call it my forever home in the near future. I decided to make the move to Fernie, B.C. when the prospect of being stuck in Moose Jaw was just too harsh to imagine. Since moving to Fernie, I have contiued my passion for skiing and picked up a new one in the form of mountain biking (like photography, it’s just instinct). These outdoor activites will only allow my photography to look better without me having to try due to the beauty of the places I’ll be visiting.

In terms of blogging, I do not do it often. I did however attempt to make a movie review blog during the early parts of the pandemic as a way to fill time. There is still a part of me that wants to give it another shot, but first I’ll have to see how photography goes. While I hope to post on here often, another great way to witness my progress as an educator and photographer would be through my Twitter which will be much more active in the coming weeks. For more information on me and my education journey, please check out my blog posts and Twitter, and follow along as I try to resist the urge to take pictures with my phone.