Summary of Learning

I enjoyed this course way more than I thought I would. After every class I would come out and debrief with my partner. He would always add his two cents and we would discuss the hows and whys. When he found out I was taking technology class he was stunned. I have really enjoyed the format of this course along with the debates. I found that everyone brought great ideas to the discussions. As stubborn as I am, I learned a lot and really had to think critically about what I learned and how my thoughts or ideas about topics were shifting. For only being three weeks, I really learned a lot. I am a little bit sad this is my last class and the only EdTech class I took…

I want to thank all of you for a super engaging and fun three weeks and to Katia for being flexible with my mom life schedule (this week has not been an easy one).

This is my Summary of Learning video. I am quite impressed (although it wouldn’t let me add it in as a video, so link it is) – I did not too bad for my first time. There are a couple spots where I am whispering because the babe was contact napping – but sometimes you work when you can!

It is bittersweet hitting publish and officially being done school (I have been in university/taken classes/degrees for 14 years!). The hubby says no more, but who knows what the future will hold!

Happy summer everyone – go unplug and relax!

If that first link didn’t work this is a different one.

11 thoughts on “Summary of Learning

1. Hi. I tried your summary of learning video but it links to the opening page of RCSD. Could you recheck the link?

2. Great Summary of Learning! I appreciated when you said how important it is to be in tune with kids today and their world, and that includes cell phones, technology and AI. I totally agree, to teach them we need to understand their lives and gain a sense of their funds of knowledge!

3. Chloe, I am giving you a virtual high-five right now for making such a great video! I know you have mentioned a few times you are not very techy, but you did a wonderful job putting that together. I stand beside you regarding AI… I have so much to learn still as well. Thank you for being an excellent group/partner for our debate and congrats on completing your FINAL course in your masters program. Enjoy the rest of your summer and good luck with everything in your future!

4. Hi Chloe,
    I hope you are good. I tried to watch your video but unfortunately I am unable to open the link. Apart from that, I want to thank you for the hard work you have done and I really enjoyed working with you and Sarah.

5. Hi Chleo. Finally saw your summary of learning. Enjoyed your approach. It’s been nice being part of this course with you. Have a restful summer!!

6. Your summary of learning beautifully encapsulates your journey through the course, highlighting significant moments and key insights. I particularly admire your commitment to exploring the ethical implications of technology in education. The main takeaway for me is your holistic approach to integrating technology, focusing on equity, engagement, and ethical use. Reflecting on your experiences, what specific strategies do you plan to implement in your teaching to balance the benefits of technology with the need to address ethical considerations and promote equitable access for all students?

• I am a connected educator and so all of my students do get devices and so that provides access for all my students and I think just getting to learn new programs and explore technology with my students a bit more. I also think continuing to implement a hands on approach while incorporating technology. As far as specific strategies, where I work I feel like every year is so different with ability levels of my students and that it is something that I need to assess when I am with them. Especially next year, coming back mid-year I am not sure where they will be at with the teacher before me.