What I’ve Learnt So Far

So this week, I spent a lot of time on YouTube, I found many different tutorials for beginners. The videos were very helpful but I found it difficult to keep up. I had to keep pausing, restarting, and finding my place in the video. So I ultimately decided to try and look for other helpful resources.

I came across two very different but equally beneficial websites. The directions were clear, they included photos and they were beginner friendly. The first website is a Galt Museum site, there was a great video right at the top of the page, followed by step-by-step instructions. It was effortless to navigate and the directions were clear and concise. This website was great for me because they had it set up similarly to a written recipe, all the required materials and sizes were at the top, followed by a detailed set of instructions. This website didn’t have as many photos as I would have liked to ensure that if I were following along with hands-on practice, I would know I was doing it correctly.

The other website I stumbled upon was a blog by Arielle Strong Wagner, I loved this website. With each new direction, she included photos. You could see exactly what she was saying in her directions. I also loved that her skirt directions included adding pockets, because who doesn’t love a skirt with pockets!! I think for my first ribbon skirt, which I’m planning to make for my daughter, I will use her tutorial.

This week I plan to head to my mother’s house and shop for some materials. These websites have great lists to go off of, and I believe that this will help my learning process!