New tools, terrifying or exciting?..

Well, this week I was very busy, I unfortunately didn’t have much time to work on my ribbon skirts. I did however find time to search for tools that could possibly help me document my learning project. After looking through the provided options, I decided to go through my computer apps just to see if I already had a tool that I had never used!

I came across this app called Clipchamp and based on my early investigations, it is a video editing/creating app.

Immediately upon opening the app, I felt a little overwhelmed by the amount of information jumping out at me. While it was all very aesthetically pleasing, the opening page had a lot going on. I would have preferred a step-by-step introduction, which leads you through the app and indicates how to navigate it!

So this was the homepage, like I stated it’s really beautiful. I love the use of vibrant colours. I also took a video of myself exploring a little bit, the video was too long though to put in my blog post.

Then I thought to myself, well why not use this new tool to edit the video and perhaps make it small enough to fit? So I uploaded my screen recorded video into Microsoft Clipchamp. Immediately a sidebar of tools popped up including an option to add text, use templates, record and create via webcam, and a few others.

After watching the 58 second clip a few times, I began playing with the text tool, I decided to add a title using the “typewriting” font tool. Then, I decided that I could use the clipping tool to turn this long video into smaller clips and then combine them. I began clipping a few seconds at a time, then dragging the clips I wanted into a second video line right underneath the first.

I deleted the first clips line, so that I would only have the clips that I wanted to include in my video!

Here is my first attempt at video editing. Hopefully I can use this tool to document my first ribbon skirt video!