Major Project Update

https://imgflip.com/i/68fmew

I have been busy working on and thinking about the actual final product lately. I was able to learn how to create sub tabs or categories on my blog and then sub sub categories under my major project. I did this because I needed to have more organization but to also to process what kind of information I want to be included. Some of the sub categories do not have anything in them yet but will as I continue to grow my project. I have re-learned that I need some patience when working with technology and at times it is just not as easy as I want it to be. I struggled with wordpress this week allowing me to upload my TikTok videos, then all of a sudden one upload worked but the others did and would not so I left them in link format. Check out My Exploration for my newest videos: adding effects, text, combining videos, adding sound. I am so amature at it that I just have to laugh at myself! Something else that I have been busy doing is looking at Common Sense Media and realizing that it has ratings for both Edsby and TikTok along with a parent guide, these I also included in my project, I felt they offered a lot of great information. My next goal is going to be looking at the privacy policies and terms of use and then getting an summed up version posted under those categories.

I have done more in TikTok then I have in Edsby because I wasn’t sure how I wanted to tackle it, but I think I have a plan now which includes exploring the app from a parent perspective and as a teacher, I wanted to from the student perspective also but I do not know if I will have enough time to do that but it is in the back of my mind.

Below is video I recorded showing my new tabs I created. I was so excited that I accomplished this (even if its a beginner thing). I also was pumped that I was able to create this video…all the learning! However I am still having issues now uploading just videos (will I ever win? will it ever be just as easy as I want it to be?) So now I am hoping that you can all click on the link and be able to open it up; I was going to put it on TikTok and upload that way but then it’s public and I just didn’t want that.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtrPyiqlAyw7hBTjf6Ethrf9D1OS?e=kELAD9

3 thoughts on “Major Project Update

1. Hi Christine. Great job so far on your project!
    I am wondering – how did you make the video of showing your tabs on your blog? I am very interested in making some tutorial videos like that!

2. Cool Christine, looks like you have some great content going forward. I’m curious to view your terms of service summary for TikTok and Edsby, a good addition to your project (and one I will use for mine!). Sounds like I will be moving to Edsby next term so any extra tips will help!

3. Look at you go! There is always so much to learn, and it can feel super overwhelming at times for sure. Good job doing some research about your blog and how to format it. This can be tricky at times, but it looks like it has paid off. Great work!