What Personal Information Do They Store?
It won’t come as a surprise to anyone that they store some pretty private information but it is mainly the students private information that has the most at stake.
Students: “name, date of birth, gender, grade level, school, student number, Ministry ID, address information, email address, photos for student profiles, certain health information kept in student records, course information, individual education program (IEP), indigenous status, and community service hours.” https://edsby.com/privacy-policy/
Teachers and Staff: name, salutation, email address, school, staff number, title, and role.
Parents: name, address, email, relationship to students, and flags about their access rights to information.
Personal Information They Collect:
- Student Progress- attendance, assessment scores & comments by the teacher, pictures of a student’s work along & teacher comments, and report card information.
- User Generated Digital Content- text, images, audio, video, files and web links
- Usage Information- how many students and/or parents use the program
Who Do They Share Your Information With?
- Your Educational Organization
- Third parties at the request of the Education Organization
- Microsoft and Google
- Cloud service providers
- Legal authorities, as required by law
- Business transaction