My Personal Journey and Thoughts

All about me – but not really ALL!

I am very excited to begin learning about Blended and Online Learning in EC&I834 with Katia Hildebrandt

My name is Chris Weber and I have been Teaching for almost 15 years. The first 9 years were spent teaching in New Westminster, B.C. and included everything from grade 3 to grade 8 including teaching in a public Montessori school and two middle schools. For the last 6 years I have been teaching in Regina at École Dr. A.E. Perry School where I have been the Vice Principal for the last 2 years. GOOOOOO Panthers!

As a side hustle, I help out my husband when I have time doing deliveries or working the front counter for his business: Queen City Cakes (insert shameless business plug here, what can I say?). When I am not busy helping him out I spend a lot of time with our dog Murphy and shoveling the endless amount of snow we are getting this winter.

I am usually pretty active on Twitter – I just recently won a signed copy of a graphic novel by Hiromi Goto, and I am very excited to read it.  If you would like to follow me on Twitter – and I will definitely follow you back – you can find my account right HERE!

Three Goals For Learning in EC&I 834

1. First and foremost I am really interested in learning about the different ways in which I can incorporate blended learning into my teaching. Being that I am not teaching online, at all, I see it as an opportunity to run a Flipped classroom model style of teaching that incorporates more digital content.
  2. I want to do a better job this term in staying up to date with classmates blogs and to make sure I make contributions to them by commenting on the blogs.
  3. My last goal is to make a conscious effort to try out what we are learning week-to-week in the classroom. I am hoping to make this learning relevant for me and my students.

1. Leona Stephen

After reading your blog – Queen City Cakes – Chris I knew I had met you before. Some sort of meeting a few years back at the board office when we could actually meet in person. I remember someone saying best cakes around.

2. Brianne McFetridge

Chris,
    We have met before at a Concentus workshop at the Division office. You brought the most delicious macaroons for all of us to try. Your post sparked my memory. I imagine owning a small business right now is incredibly challenging (not to mention everything else on your plate). Good luck to you and your husband.

• Christopher Weber

Thanks Brianne – it definitely brings it’s own set of challenges. Thanks for your kind words.

• Judy

Best Vice PrinciPAL, ever!