Week 2: How do I use the WEB as a FRIEND rather than an ENEMY!

Square

This week the goal of EDTC 300 was to set up an RSS (Really Simple Syndication) reader so that we can follow topics that are of interest to us. It also gives us one place that we can find many articles that might answer all the questions we have about the world of Education Technology.

So I decided to use Feedly, I set up multiple feeds so that I can be more rounded with my knowledge about new concepts/ideas to me in the teaching world/revised views along with what is going on in the world around me. The feed titles I chose Education Technology, Teaching 101 and The World Around Me. The more I use the site I believe it make me more comfortable while also helping me with both formally and informally in my profession.

At first it was hard to decide on what the feeds would be called and then where to start finding blogs and people that should be following. Once you do get started and find the right search word you can get pulled into the rabbit hole. Before you know it I had been on the website for an hour looking at articles and people to follow. It is also great that once you follow one person it gives you people or sites to explore that are similar according to the algorithm.

One of the pages that I took an interest in is The Nerdy Teacher the site talks about Project Based Learning and many other things that can help you bring Technology in the classroom. It also helps give some tips on ways that you can implement Technology without making some mistakes that others have learned from. I think that that is one of the best things about the internet because it lets you reflect on other people but also makes you reflect on yourself. I am really excited to continue reading this blog and the many other ones that I have found through Feedly.

If you have any blogs that talk about Technology in the Classroom or Elementary Education please share it in the comments so that we can all continue our journey of using Technology for positive influences.

Comment

One Reply to “Week 2: How do I use the WEB as a FRIEND rather than an ENEMY!”

1. Cody,
    I agree, deciding what my feed topics would be was one of the hardest parts! There are so many topics to consider. Also, one of my favourite Edtech blogs that I have found so far is called “Class Tech Tips”. It covers pretty simple application tips, but I have found some of their articles really inspiring!