What a journey!

I can’t believe we are at the end of the semester already! It seems like just yesterday I was seeing Katia on my screen for the first time. I have attached my podcast to this post. I have to admit, I am known for always having coffee nearby and a good pun locked and loaded.…

By MmeLuff April 8, 2024 0

With great power comes great responsibility

Peter Parker’s Uncle Ben may have been talking about the life of a superhero, but when considering the immense power that AI possesses, we can make the same analogy. While AI has evolved at an alarmingly fast rate, the aspect of responsibility and AI regulation has not entered the same rate of evolution. You would think that something…

By MmeLuff April 4, 2024 0

Oh Where, oh where is my coding?

When we hear the word coding, some people start to think about computer science, long lines of text, and dark dank computer labs. It is technical, detailed, and overwhelming. However, where we are in our profession, and (most likely) our level of understanding on the topic – we would not be in the same realm…

By MmeLuff March 25, 2024 0

Web 3.0 – A bold new adventure or a web of danger?

When looking at the evolution to Web 3.0, we can see the influence of this new technology on our students and education on the whole. As Gerstein states, “The Web, Internet, Social Media, and the evolving, emerging technologies have created a perfect storm or convergence of resources, tools, open and free information access.” This concept,…

By MmeLuff March 1, 2024 0

Whose learning style is it anyways?

When I started out into the realm of teaching, I was not prepared for what I was about to encounter. We are taught theory and best practice. However, these are all confined within the realm of a non-complex classroom. The idea of differentiation and classroom management are essentially impossible to teach in a university classroom…

By MmeLuff January 30, 2024 1

Innovation vs Distraction: Teacher’s involvement

Technology, and more specifically educational technology (also known as ed tech), can be a double-edged sword. It can be a useful tool which provides enriched and meaningful learning (with a hint of fun). It provides an environment of engagement with material and learning new skills. Ed tech can also be a distraction from the lesson,…

By MmeLuff January 23, 2024 0