Cyber safety,

Honestly its hard to remember if any of my schools talked about cyber safety besides the usual “don’t bully online”, “don’t give out personal information to random websites or people, and beware of strangers”, but one time I was on some facebook game and this person sent me a website address to get some free items and as young and dumb as I was, I logged into that fake facebook page thing and the person stole my account(s)* <- because I was dumb enough to use the same email and password for almost all my social media accounts. I lost my email and many accounts because someone tricked me lol. This happened when I was about 11 or 12 and even recently someone has been making these fake accounts with my name and inboxing my friends and family asking them to send them (not me) money although some friends and family knew it wasn’t me and asked me if it was and I told them it wasn’t and I posted about the fake account and flagged it, but some of my family wasn’t so smart lol one of my aunties sent them 40 dollars.

It’s kind of scary when you hear about people losing their life savings or ruining their businesses, I was lucky I was too young to have anything important on my accounts like credit card information or addresses.

I was to hear if this ever happened to you or someone you know.

For some tips check out Top Tips for staying secure Online