Education

During my elementary school years (Kindergarten to grade 9) I attended Vanguard Community School where I had the opportunity to have one on one learning due to small class sizes. I felt very fortunate to have been provided this opportunity, and it was thanks to my teachers that my teaching dreams sparked. 

My grade 10 to 12 education took place at Martin Collegiate. During my time at this school I was able to focus on my grades as well as figure skating. I was in the sports academy program where I attended school in the morning and then skated in the afternoons. Being in this program taught me many of lifes values, such as determination and hard work, as well as respect and empathy for those around me. I made connections and valued relationships with many incredible people. I began to create a school and skating family that I could trust and support one another as I lived my highschool years being away from my emediate family.

After graduating high school at Martin Collegiate in Regina I immediately started my post secondary education. For a year and a half I was enrolled in Kinesiology, but I was quick to realize that I was meant to become an educator due to my love for children and passion for education. I truly think it is amazing to be provided with the opportunity to teach students new things for the very first time in their lives, inspire one another, and witness the “AHA” moments when individuals learn new concepts. 

Throughout my post secondary journey, I received my level II Early Childhood Education Certificate, and worked within daycares to gain experience as an educator as well as spend each day doing what I love most, sharing life with young individuals!

In winter of 2020 I began my journey through the University of Regina’s Education program. To say this program felt right for me would be an understatement. Learning how to teach young individuals is incredibly inspiring as well as rewarding. What an honour it is to have the opportunity to spend each day, for the rest of my career with young individuals, where I can be a small part of their journey through life.

December 20th, 2022 I received my permanent Professional A Saskatchewan Teacher’s certificate, which marked the best day of my life.