After doing some exploring last week of finding different ways to learn a magic trick, I stumbled across I couple of videos I wanted to circle back to. One of these videos was from Oscar Owen who runs a very successful YouTube page. I have not used any of Mr. Owens video’s, so I was looking forward to seeing how it was learning from him. It was nice to go back to learning from a video rather than reading directions as this is one of my favourites I have learned so far and I found it rather easier to learn. Without further ado here is the trick that will freak you out.

Now I know you are thinking, “How in the heck did he just do that?” and “Wow did he just freak me out!” As much as I hate sharing my secrets I will always show where I learned my tricks from. Like I mentioned I found Oscar Owen’s very successful YouTube page the other day, he has countless videos and a big following to go along with it. To tell you the truth I picked one of his videos as random and it ended up being a really good trick! Here is the full tutorial:

This week was a lot nicer going back to my roots of learning from videos rather than reading directions and not actually seeing the trick done for me. I had the chance to watch him perform the trick fully through once before showing me step by step how to perform the trick. The reason I liked this week’s trick so much is because it is another trick where you truly let the cards do the work and as long as you follow a couple of steps you will be successful every time. Oscar Owen set up the viewer to learn quickly and efficiently from this video. He has grown a successful community through these videos, and you can tell he has great experience through the way he teaches in this tutorial.

I have found myself now being able to demonstrate multiple magic tricks to viewers like friends and family and also find myself learning each new trick quicker than the previous one. I am getting a stronger understanding of the cards and letting the cards do the work. I can definitely say I learn better from watching videos and seeing the trick done rather than reading directions, but I am happy I can learn either way. Having the ability to learn a new trick in different ways allows me to have endless possibilities in the world of magic!

One thing that I found funny was mid way through the tutorial, Mr. Owens took the time to sell the viewer on some of his magic programs and distract the viewer from the trick. I am glad I have my ad guard on my laptop so I was able to skip through the infomercial with ease.