Since I spent the first two weeks learning from videos, I wanted to transition to something different this week. I simply searched up on google “card magic tricks.” Although most of the results I got were videos, when I scrolled down, I found countless websites and articles sharing different types of card tricks. I stumbled across a website that shared five different card tricks with step-by-step directions as well as a few pictures. After reading the directions of each trick I really liked two of them and decided those were going to be the ones I was going to learn and present. The two tricks I chose were called “The Mind Reading Card Trick” and “The Upside-Down Card.” After going over the directions a couple of times and practicing I felt comfortable to present it to my Audience of my amazing Mother. Here are the results:

Now these card tricks were a little quicker than what I learned previously but I found that they would be perfect for little fillers in between tricks as there was not a whole lot of set up and were quickly completed. I found these tricks through the Vanishing Inc. website. There are countless of categories and exploring you can do at this website, but where I found my tricks is here.

Now after looking at this website, you can see how the learning process is a little different. For this learning process you are not actually seeing the trick being done but simply reading how it is done. This process is tremendously different from what I have worked with previously in learning from videos and watching the tricks being performed before learning them. For myself I found it more difficult learning this way because the first time I saw the trick being done was from myself. I had to make sure I understood and read each step thoroughly to ensure I was doing it right. Lucky for me the tricks both worked, and I can say I successfully learned this tricks in a different manner.

I definitely found myself spending more time on learning through this process compared to the videos which I found more difficult and discouraging. Although it is easier to learn from videos, I am glad I switched it up and learned not only from a new source but learned in a new manner as well. I believe it is important to know how to learn in different ways to produce a more successful version of yourself. Also, when I am able to learn tricks in multiple ways it creates more possibilities for me to learn more tricks as not all tricks will be recorded and have a tutorial.

I believe since I am becoming increasingly more and more confident with cards in my hands, I am finding it easier to set up and distract the audience during my tricks as well. With more confidence I feel like I am becoming a better and more persuasive magician. I think I am able to call myself a magician now with four tricks in my inventory.

card, trump, magician

Photo by hanpen2 on Pixabay