The Significance of Technology

Technology has a crucial role in elevating our life in multiple ways, both personally and academically. It has contributed to provide various flexible communication tools, learning resources, and entertainment gadgets. We can manage many things at home with different online tech tools but we can’t ignore some negative impacts if we’re not responsible enough to use it. I believe it has more positive aspects if we use it carefully.

The digital tools that I use mostly are for both purposes, academic and leisure. In general, I spend more time for leisure purposes. Most commonly apps I use are Microsoft, Google Chrome, WhatsApp to communicate with family, friends, staff/colleagues. I also use you tube for entertainment and Skype/zoom/Pinterest for academic purposes.

Some other tools that I use to manage my life include smart things(to keep track of my household stuff), phone alarms(to be on track/time daily basis), and notes to keep records of all upcoming events, appointments/tasks and also for some handy info. I rely on these tools a lot as they’re very helpful to organize almost every things in my life.

In my opinion, there should be moderation in the use of technology. Each social media app can be destructive if we’re being obsessed with it/ not paying attention to some careful boundaries. One of the apps that distracts me is YouTube as I spend a lot of time on it watching podcasts, entertainment shows, and TikTok videos. The screenshot for my recent weekly report can show how much screen time usually have.

I try to keep balance for screen free time and take a break and spend time outside in nature but it’s challenging to be away from technology for a long time.