Summary of Learning

This has been such a great semester… I learnt a lot of things and really enjoyed the interactive presentations of my peers… This is my second ed. tech course I planned to do something new and tried Padlet + Canva for my learning summary. I used canva for making slides...
Read More

VR and AR

The term VR stands for virtual reality and AR stands for augmented reality. I am not very friendly with this technology… In my country, I have not seen this in schools as well. The first time when I saw a VR was with my friend who worked in an...
Read More

Coding is Interesting!

I am from a science background and during my graduation in engineering I was introduced to coding. I heard it from my peers who were learning to code and were actually enjoying it. I tried to learn C and C++ but unfortunately at that time, it was not for...
Read More

Assistive Technology

Assistive Technology stands for anything that helps us to learn effectively. According to WHO, it enables and promotes inclusion and participation, especially of persons with disability, aging populations, and people with non-communicable diseases. The primary purpose of assistive products is to maintain or improve an individual’s functioning and independence,...
Read More

Assessment Technology – Flip

After the introduction of technology in classrooms, assessment has also changed drastically. Technology has provided us with multiple ways of conducting evaluations. It has provided a path for instant assessment with the help of several edtech apps. Today, I will share my experience on Flipgrid which is now...
Read More

The Dilemma of Social Web

Being the youngest one in my family, I remember seeing my elder sisters and brothers using chat rooms on Hotmail, yahoo mail accounts. I created my first email id in around 2003 or 2004 and then I created my Orkut account with the help of my school friend. On...
Read More

Online/distance vs face to face education

The new educational world comprises online, remote, distance and face-to-face settings. As we all know the pandemic dragged us towards the online or distance form of education. To make the online form of learning we need different tools. I believe that making classrooms engaging and interactive is not an...
Read More

Sesame Street and Today’s Schooling

After reading about this week’s blog prompt, I searched “Sesame Street” on the internet. Yes, I am new to this… I knew a little bit about it… specifically, the puppets… and now I came to know it has 52 seasons and has been with us since 1969. Soon...
Read More

Theories of Learning

I am an engineer by profession and a teacher by passion. Being from an engineering background I never tried to focus on the theories of learning. While pursuing my master’s of engineering, I started teaching undergrad students and at that time as well I was keeping myself updated in...
Read More