Introduction

Introduction

Hello! Tansi!

My name is Elizabeth Head. I’m fortunate to have an amazing and supportive family – my husband and two children. Last semester was hectic, and expecting a similar schedule this fall. Despite the demands, my husband has been incredibly supportive, taking care of the kids. I’m doing this for them and myself; they’re my inspiration!

I’ve come from Shoal Lake Cree Nation; the Cree term is pâhkwâw-sâkahikanihk (Shoal Lake). I’ve spent most of my life here, but moving to Regina was a significant change. It felt isolating being away from family, and I only get to see my parents every few months. However, I’ve adapted to the change and focus on my studies.

The picture of the left is what we call the Wacihk Hills. nThe picture of the right is a picture of the lake at sunset.

Our family bonding moments are best spent at barbecues, where the kids can play and enjoy themselves.

During spring and fall, I love engaging in the traditional teachings of preparing ducks. Plucking and singeing the birds while having conversations is a cherished part of this experience. I know it may seem odd but we enjoy this activity and it brings a delicious meal.

2 thoughts on “Introduction

1. Hi Elizabeth! Thanks so much for sharing your photos and background with us! It looks like you have your two categories set up, but by now you should have 3 learning project posts and 3 assigned posts that I do not see on your blog. I would love to know/see how your crocheting is going! Let me know if you need any help along the way!