Three feet

Three feet

I went to Dollar Tree to buy crochet items. My mind totally went blank went I got there! I didn’t know what to buy so I grabbed a bunch of random things that would hopefully work out. I bought two colors of acrylic yarn (I thought of my newborn niece and nephew so I bought magenta and teal), two crochet tools (5.0 mm and 5.5 mm) and a “crochet/amigurumi animal kit.” (I linked the definition of it).

I start on the animal kit because I thought “since it has instructions, I’ll start with this one.” Let me tell you that if you’re beginning to start like I did, maybe start with a blanket. (Not that I know if that one is easy, I’ll get back to you on that after I try to finish this one.) Anyways if you began with the animal kit like I did, the directions were crazy to me because I couldn’t tell how the yarn went in the photos.

This is where I couldn’t tell how the yarn went:

I searched online for videos on if there was a tutorial and luckily, I found the video! It got me to my first step. I literally said “this is hard!!” after a couple of tries. I did it! I guess “the finger” was still supposedly there but it’s not like that in the photo. I overcame my first step and it just continued getting tricky every step of the way. I don’t know what to call them but here’s a progress of my 1st loop, 2nd loop and third loop:

I managed to make a foot and finished that part, then I made the second foot and it came out short. (haha.) I kept the momentum by starting another foot, but I had to stop. My toddler tugged at my yarn and when I asked him to stop, he became upset and cried, seeking comfort from me. So hard to learn a new project with a toddler by your side. (haha but I love him.) Here are my finishing projects for now:

4 thoughts on “Three feet

1. Hello Elizabeth,

It sounds like you had quite the adventure with your crochet project and your little one! Don’t worry about the short foot; we all have those moments. If you need any assistance with the required posts for our class, feel free to reach out. I am new at blogging as well, so we can walk this journey together.
    Balancing new projects with toddlers is definitely a challenge, but you’re doing it! Looking forward to seeing your finishing projects.

2. Hey Elizabeth,

I really like this learning project! I definitely know I would not have the patience to do this myself but I enjoy reading about it and seeing your work! I can’t imagine the challenges this must bring, especially looking at the phot you included in your post. I wish you the best in this project, I can’t wait to see how good you get!

3. Hey Elizabeth,
    It seems like you had a bit of a struggle starting your project but I believe that is all part of the process. As you have had these struggles along the way you will be more proud of the end result. I have done this type of crocheting before and it is not easy, there are lots of good videos on you tube to help with this also.

4. This is a great addition to your project! Colour me impressed for trying out something with a bit more difficulty! I would have chickened and started with a blanket, haha. Props to you, Elizabeth!!
    Thanks for sharing 🙂