Teaching in the classroom is changing

Teaching in the classroom is changing

The world of classroom is changing. Hardly the whiteboard/chalkboard is barely used, usually it tends to be used for children in their free time when they’re done their work assignments and get asked to play quietly. I’ve previously mentioned that I worked with highschool only, where they used Chromebooks to place their assignments on Google Classrooms; which is similar to how it is with university online classes and that’s why I was aware of the changes. What I didn’t notice was for elementary of this generation, they are more evolved in technology compared to highschool as they have reading logs on tablets or educational games. Another comparison is that they are growing up learning on smartboard which is more advanced in educational setting. (although it does have advantages, it also has disadvantages)

The effects on learning digitally have grown expeditiously though. For me, I remember searching ‘Ghost caught on tape’ or things like that because that was the entertainment at that time. Like “wow? Actual ghosts were caught on tape? How was that possible?’ and the only time we had access to a computer was at school free time, although we abused that free time because we weren’t actually supposed to do that. Now, the internet is something different. We can learn a hobby, explore educational online learning… my daughters teacher said that she’s going to make the reading app open all summer (some school app she told us to download where she can track her reading level) and I was just amazed by it. This class makes me realize the awareness of my understanding of digital learning and that I’m at that low level but I am learning. Other than that, I hardly know what they do in elementary… I’ve recently started realizing that elementary classrooms aren’t the same as they were before. Here’s some helpful technology tools I learn that elementary students do.