Insight of My Learning

Insight of My Learning

Welcome! Tawāw!

Hello! Tansi!

Welcome to my ePortfolio! My name is Elizabeth Head. I’m originally from Shoal Lake Cree Nation (I’ve included a photo of the lake in Shoal Lake as the header) but I live in Regina for schooling purposes. I’m in my third year in Bachelor of Elementary Education at First Nations University of Canada. I attended S.I.I.T. to become a certified Educational Assistant. Afterward, I worked at WEC for five years and developed a passion for teaching students and fostering a positive environment. Despite encountering some obstacles, I’m determined to achieve my dream by completing this program. During my time at WEC, I served as the go-to tech person, which allowed me to develop strong problem-solving skills. Now that I’m venturing into the world of blogging, I’m excited about the challenge. I’ve always encouraged students to ask questions, and I’m following my own advice as I navigate this new endeavor! As a Cree-speaking First Nations woman, I aim to incorporate Indigenous teachings and create culturally inclusive classroom environments while being mindful of the diverse perspectives.