Community Involvement

My passion for teaching began when I started working and volunteering at Katepwa Lake Camp in 2017. I spent 3 summers working as a junior and senior cabin leader. This summer I had the opportunity of taking the position of Co-Program Director; this gave me the opportunity to plan camp activities for the entire summer. Katepwa Lake Camp has easily been one of the greatest experiences of my life, as I learned that I wanted to become a teacher.

For the past 4 years I have volunteered weekly at a daycare in Westhill. I work with children ages 4 and 5 and help them develop skills that they can use in their everyday life. This opportunity made it clear that I want to teach Pre K-5, as I have a passion for working with young kids.

In 2018, I got involved with Young Friends, which is a program that trains a team for a year and travels to other countries to help teach children who are unable to get a proper education the fundamentals of English. My first trip was to Belgium in 2018, where we worked with inner city children and provided them with 3 meals a day, school supplies so they could practice their English after we left, and essentials to help their families. In 2019, I went to Estonia with the same team and worked with over 70 children to help them expand their English vocabulary. 

Over the past 2 years, I have worked in the Before & After School Program at Regina Christian School. I look after children in kindergarten to grade three and plan activities and games for them to participate in. This has been an amazing opportunity and I plan to continue working in this Before & After School program all throughout university.

Katepwa Lake Camp 2018
Katepwa Lake Camp 2019
Belgium Missions Trip 2018
Estonia Missions Trip 2019