Autobiography

For as long as I can remember, I have aspired to become a teacher; this is because I believe firmly in the importance of giving every child the opportunity to find success in their youth. My passion for teaching is rooted in my identity, which is made up of my: beliefs, values, support system, volunteer experience, and ambitions.

My parents will always be my greatest inspiration, as they continue to inspire me every day. They have instilled values in my life as they taught me the importance of selflessness, determination, and kindness. My dad has raised me to be hardworking and generous, while my mom has raised me to be patient and motivated. My parents have always been my support system, as they have made many sacrifices in their lives in order to make my dreams attainable. When I first told them about my dream of becoming an elementary school teacher they were overcome with joy.

I knew that I wanted to become an educator when I began working and volunteering in different children programs in my community. I started volunteering at Katepwa Lake Camp in 2017, where I spent the next 3 summers working as a Senior Cabin Leader. This summer I had the opportunity of taking the position of Co-Program Director, where I was able to plan the camp activities for the entire summer. This was an amazing opportunity, as I learned that I had a passion for working with children. It also became apparent that one of my greatest joys in life is when I am working with kids, teaching them new skills.

These people and events in my life shaped my identity and helped me realize that I have a passion for working with children. I believe that I have the potential to help my students succeed in their education, while helping them find what they are passionate about. I am very grateful that I have the opportunity to learn from professors that not only have experience in this field, but who are also passionate about shaping the minds of future generations.