Accomplishing Verse 1

I made the decision this week to support my learning project journey by downloading the “iMovie” app to my iPhone. This app was really easy to operate and navigate. I started by clicking “Movie” to get things going. When I did that, a variety of effects were available to me, including transitions (which are changes from one video/scene to the next) and title effects (I used the “Chromatic” title effect). You could even import or insert your own videos/photos from your camera roll. You have the ability to apply a filter to your video to change its color. The video’s volume can be simply changed, and you can easily edit your video’s duration by removing any parts that you decide not to include. 

The ability to produce videos that appear professional and how simple it is to use even for someone who has never edited a movie themselves drew me into this app. 

I’ve made it my goal to master verse 1 of Olivia Rodrigo’s song “Vampire” on the piano this week. I loaded this video into the iMovie app. Since it’s a new achievement, I found it exciting to learn the entire verse. Knowing that I have finished a significant portion of the song is reassuring and calming because the opening verse is repeated a couple more times throughout. Though I still have a ways to go, I am excited to grow and challenge myself.

iMovie Instruction Pictures:

Week 4 of learning project video

This entry was posted in EDTC300, Learning Project. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Accomplishing Verse 1

1. Chassidy says:

Hi Elyse, I have not used IMovie before and this was something I was thinking of using! I liked how you added some photos to instructions it gave me something to visualize. I think you did a great job! Hope you’re having a great break week!