week four chutney

Week four Chutney

https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/coriander-coconut-chutney/

This is another side dish called chutney. A step-by-step recipe is given in the link. 

With this, it is a whole set that goes with the very first recipe called idly. It can also be used as a second side dish for dosa posted on the second week of the recipe if people prefer to eat something other than potatoes. 

Everything worked out well while cooking as I followed the step-by-step instructions from the link. The only thing that did not work was while tempering I forgot to put it in a lower flame so a kind of all the tempering ingredients like mustard, chilli and urad dal got more tempered than normally it should be. 

The second thing I found out that while grinding the coconut pieces in the blender i thought it made a proper bled, but when I completely finished it and set aside and tasted after it cooled down I found out that the coconut should be given a few more minutes in the mixer to get blend well. Overall it was good and it was a good side dish for idli and dosa of my first and second weekly post.

This entry was posted in EDTC300, Learning Project, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to week four chutney

1. Robin Kinnee says:

Hi Fathima! Thanks for sharing this chutney dish. I am learning how to can and preserve foods (if you want to check out my blogs https://edusites.uregina.ca/robinkinnee/). I am wanting to can salsa and chutney so maybe I can use your recipe as inspiration! I love Indian food and cook butter chicken at home for my family. I would really like to learn other cuisines to cook for my family so I’ll be sure to follow along with your blogs. It would had been nice to see some pictures of what you made so maybe next time you can add some.

• Fathimunisa Farook says:

Hello Robin Kinnee,
      I loved your blog on Cnning. I have not tried Salsa may be in later vidios I can try. I will follow your preserving foods blog because that is more important than cooking. Thankyou for sharing.
      Fathima

2. Chassidy says:

Hi Fathima, I think cooking can be so much fun and it seems like you are enjoying yourself! I loved hearing how you made this recipe and I am going to try cooking this dish this week! Hope your having a great break week!

• Fathimunisa Farook says:

Hello Chassidy,
      Yes I do love cooking. This class is taking me to a higher level to learn new recepies. Thankyou for your comments.
      Fathima

3. Carlos Martinez says:

Hey Fathima, that dish looks amazing! I had never heard of chutney before so it is something I would like to try in the future. I know that cooking can be such a trial and error thing on our way to learning how to do new things. Look forward to seeing what else you make this semester.