Blog Posts

May 7, 2022 0 By Sam Froude

I have used edusites throughout my university experience which has allowed me to document, save, and share my professional learning journey and my future as an educator. I have personal accounts on social media but have most of my settings as private as they can be.

I believe blogging is a professional and organized way of sharing particular aspects of your life but in a creative and fun way. Reading online can often become unengaging, but blogging seems to capture my attention nearly 95% of the time. Blogging is a great way to get to know someone and their personality by sharing what you would like about yourself. I feel like blogs offer one the most ability to explore and present interests or hobbies in a professional manner. Creativity and empathy are crucial components of blogging, but also teaching. 

I find a creative person within myself when applying something to me personally or someone else. I love crafting and creating a visual representation of an image within my head but often find it hard to do when I do not find a deeper meaning to it. For example, I can create various and unique projects for lesson plans and my university classes, but I find I struggle to engage in the same process outside of those environments. Creating something exclusive raises feelings of accomplishment and achievement while also being able to express yourself in a way that is less difficult to showcase to other people. When creating something new, particularly relating to art, I often think of the Indigenous culture due to the strong meanings each art piece frequently holds. The Indigenous culture has always been held close to my heart and it is within my family roots, but the Indgenous culture first became paramount for me after the adoption of my 2 Indigenous cousins when I was a child. 

Here is my Twitter link that demonstrates similar characteristics that my blog does!

Medicine Wheel