Swift Current Broncos

June 23, 2022 0 By Sam Froude
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is bronco-sign.jpg

The organization I have been with the longest is the Swift Current Broncos. I started working as an usher when I was 14 years old until all usher positions were cut due to the lack of funding. I decided to stay with them, but to volunteer handing out programs at the door. Since there was a large amount of paper used to create the programs, they decided to put the programs online. Shortly after, I was offered a volunteer position to assist with the management of promotions, crowd exposure and shovelling the ice. I love this organization so much and am beyond thankful for the opportunities and experiences this company has provided to me. This volunteer experience often did not feel like a job to me because I genuinely enjoyed what I was doing and who I was around – it was a second home to me.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_8583.png
The Broncos had won the WHL cup in 2018! Link provided: WHL Championship
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_8584-576x1024.jpg
We had many opportunities to dress up and work closely with fans throughout the season. This picture was taken of me and my friend working charity night!
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_8582-3.png
Volunteer Team graduates

Although I no longer live in Swift Current, I still drive back to volunteer for some games, or I will volunteer if I am in town. This organization has helped me prepare for my future, grow as an individual and has supported me throughout my educational journey.