Professional Goals for Next Semester

Classroom Management:

The main goal I have is to focus on my classroom management. I have used multiple strategies but I would like to test more out to see what works best for the classroom I am in. For example, I will try getting their attention by shutting off the lights and/or using clapping patterns. “If you hear my voice clap one. If you hear my voice clap twice. If you hear my voice clap three times, etc.” I’ve hear success stories with both of these strategies.

Organization:

I am quite organized to begin with, but there is always room for improvement. I will have my week planned out before I begin on Monday morning before school begins.

Flexibility:

Nothing will ever go as planned, and so I will like to work on being more open to sudden changes that occur within my daily schedule. I believe that it is essential to be adaptable within the school and this only comes with time and practice.

Cross-curricular:

I believe that transferring content over multiple subjects will help students better absorb information. This is because more connections are made between different learning modalities as well as through student varieties in academic strength. I am eager to begin integrating this into my future teaching.